Gary W. Adair & Associates was founded in 1985 by Gary W. Adair. Mr. Adair was an assistant state's attorney in Cook County from 1976-1985, during which time he prosecuted thousands of cases including murder, major drug cases, sex offenses, weapon offenses and every type of crime. He mentored and tutored other assistants while in the office. Upon leaving the states attorney's office, he founded the Firm which concentrates in state and federal criminal defense. Mr. Adair has won murder trials and had large drug cases dismissed on Fourth Amendment issues. He has negotiated probation sentences where mandatory minimum sentences of between six and fifteen were required.
Mr. Adair has served as legal advisor to the Mexican Consulate in Chicago. He is active in several associations and has chaired the Criminal Law Committee of the Chicago Bar Association.
The Firm is now in its 32nd year of practice.
GARY W. ADAIR
- Northwestern University, B.A.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
- Illinois Lawyers for Criminal Justice
- Illinois: all state courts, Illinois Appellate Court, Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, Texas, Colorado)
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court